If you’re a new user to your Android handset, then you might not be aware of the number for the phone. Heck! It’s not necessary to have your personal phone number is it not? There are many methods to locate the number that is assigned to you Android phone.
Option 1 – Android Settings
The location of the app may differ based on the version of your Android OS. For different versions, follow these steps.
- On the home screen click ” Settings“.
- Scroll down, and then choose ” About phone” or ” About device“. Certain variants of Android display the number of the phone on this screen. If not, continue to step 3.
- Choose ” Status” or ” Phone identity“.
- Select ” SIM Status“.
- Your number appears within your ” My Phone Number” section of the screen.
Option 2 – USSD Code
- Start The ” Phone” application then select *#99 (or “#99#”.
Your address will appear on your screen.
Option 3 – Automated Phone Line
- Launch The ” Phone” application then call 1-800-444-4444. Then listen and you will hear the number that you call from.
What is the reason why my number appear it as “Unknown” or “Empty”?
There could be a glitch in your account or the SIM card wasn’t inserted correctly. Try removing and re-installing your SIM card. If not, call your wireless company.