Are you curious if a particular Phone Number is available on WhatsApp? Here are the steps to find out whether someone is on WhatsApp.
Find out if someone is using WhatsApp
WhatsApp lets you use the app to make Voice and Video calls to anyone around the globe. In fact, you can make use of WhatsApp without a mobile number.
It is therefore logical to make use of WhatsApp to make no-cost national and international calls instead of paying for or wasting minutes on your phone Plan.
In the past, the only method to know if someone was WhatsApp was adding the user to your contacts on your iPhone.
However this is no longer the case. As of WhatsApp version 2.19.30 it’s now possible to verify the phone number of a person available on WhatsApp and without adding that individual to the contacts list on the iPhone.
Verify if someone is using WhatsApp on an iPhone
Follow the steps below to determine the presence of WhatsApp using your iPhone.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
2. Once you are inside WhatsApp click on Chats Tab in the bottom menu.
3. On the Chats screen, tap”New Chat button that is located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
4. On the next screen, click on the New Contact option located near the top of the screen.
5. On the New Contact screen, enter the Full phone number of the individual and their country’s code.
If the person is using WhatsApp and you are on WhatsApp, you will be able to see a green checkmark as well as “WhatsApp Account” beneath the number.
If the person does not use WhatsApp then you’ll notice “Not using WhatsApp” beneath the number.
6. After confirming whether or not the user is using WhatsApp or not, you can click Cancel and close the window or enter the contact information and then save to add the contact in your contact list.
It is important to know that WhatsApp might not be able to verify new phone numbers if you frequently use this service. So, make sure you only use this feature when it is absolutely necessary.