It’s not unusual to accidentally delete Notes from your iPhone and only to discover their significance later. It is, however, possible to recover deleted notes in iPhone or iPad following the steps listed in the following.
Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone
The Notes App for the iPhone is a useful tool to create a checklists, shopping lists and keeping various other types of data.
While you are able to use the Notes App with no Password The Notes App lets you secure your data by activating Password as well as Touch ID.
However it is true that using Password and Touch ID only protects the Notes from being stolen. It doesn’t protect them from accidentally being deleted.
Like regular Notes that are password-protected, Notes can be deleted and moved around without the need to create the password.
Fortunately deleted Notes can’t be immediately deleted from iPhone and can be saved.
1. Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone or iPad
Follow the steps below to recover the notes that were deleted from your iPhone and iPad.
1. Open the Notes app to your iPhone.
2. Once you are in Notes, press the Back Arrow button located at the upper left corner of your screen.
3. On the next screen, click on the Recently Deleted Folder in “On My iPhone”. Examine the folder to determine whether there is the Deleted Note is available. If not, you can find the Note in the “Recently Deleted” Folder under iCloud.
4. On Recently Deleted screen, click on Edit button that is located in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
5. On the next screen, you will see a tiny circle beside the deleted Note you’d like to restore, and then tap the move To… alternative found at the bottom left-hand corner of your screen.
NOTE: You can also choose multiple Notes to Restore by clicking on the small circle that is next to the Notes.
6. On the next screen, you need to tap the Folder you would like to transfer your Deleted Note. For the majority of users, it is the Notes Folder that is located beneath “On My iPhone” or “iCloud”.
Then, open the Folder that you transferred in your Delete Note and you will discover the deleted Note returned to that Folder.
2. Recover Permanently Deleted Notes on iPhone or iPad
If you didn’t find that Deleted Note in “Recently Deleted” Folder, it’s likely that you deleted the Note over 30 days ago, and your iPhone deleted the Note.
The only method to recover permanently Deleted Notes on iPhone is to search for the iTunes backup on your personal computer. It was created while the Deleted Notes were available in your iPhone.
If you have a backup available, you’ll be able recover Permanently deleted notes through saving your iPhone by using iTunes.