If you’re searching for a way to delete or delete contacts from your iPhone and iPad, then you can be able to follow the steps below to delete both single and Multiple Contacts from iPhone.
Remove Multiple or Single Contacts from iPhone
The Contacts List you have on iPhone comprises both contacts made and saved to iPhone and contacts that are synchronized from other sources such as Gmail, Outlook or Social Media Accounts.
So, the exact steps to delete Contacts on iPhone will depend on whether the contacts are stored on your device , or they are synced from other sources.
Below are the steps needed to delete the native iPhone Contacts, as well as Contacts syncs to Gmail, Outlook and various email accounts.
1. Delete Contacts on iPhone
If the Contacts you’d like to delete are actually stored on an iPhone You can follow the steps listed below to erase these contacts from your phone.
1. Open Contacts App and choose the contact you would like to eliminate.
2. On Contacts info screen, click the Edit option. It’s located in the upper-right corner of your screen.
3. On the next screen, scroll to bottom , and then select from the Delete Contact choice.
4. On the confirmation pop-up, select the Delete Contact button to confirm.
If you find more Contacts to erase You can delete these contacts from the device by following the previous steps.
2. Delete Multiple Contacts on iPhone Using iCloud
The only method to remove many Contacts simultaneously from your iPhone is to access the iCloud Account on the computer.
1. On your Mac or PC, visit icloud.com and sign in with your ICloud Account. Once you’ve logged in then select the Contacts tab.
2. On the next screen, choose the Contacts you wish to delete. Click on the Gear Shaped icon located at the bottom left corner. Select the delete option.
Tips: To select multiple Contacts, use the Ctrl button , and then select the contacts that you would like to erase from iPhone.
The contacts you’ve selected are removed from your device once the changes made to your iCloud Account get synced to your iPhone.
3. Get rid of Gmail and Outlook contacts from iPhone.
If your contacts are removed out of Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo Mail, you can follow the steps below for how to remove Contacts of your email account from your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > Contacts > Accounts, and choose your email account (Gmail, Outlook, etc. ).
2. On the next screen, switch the toggle adjacent to Contacts into an OFF position.
3. On the confirmation pop-up, choose delete on My iPhone option.
This will eliminate the contacts that were synced to your iPhone by your Mail Account.
4. Removing Multiple Gmail Contacts or Outlook contacts from iPhone
As stated above it is possible to only select and delete one Contact at one moment on iPhone and there’s no way to delete more Contacts from iPhone.
The only way to get rid of several Gmail and Outlook Contacts from your iPhone is to erase the Contacts from the original account (Gmail, Outlook, etc.) and let the changes be synchronized to your device.