It’s easy to stop WhatsApp from saving photos on iPhone and also stop your phone from getting cluttered with unwanted photos and videos.
Stop WhatsApp From Saving Photos On iPhone
In default mode, WhatsApp Automatically downloads and saves photos and videos included in messages in the Camera Roll of your iPhone.
Over time over time, this default WhatsApp setting will result in the storage space of your iPhone being taken up by unneeded WhatsApp Videos and Photos.
It is, however, easy to block WhatsApp from saving Photos to your iPhone by using two methods , as described below.
1. Prevent WhatsApp From Auto Saving Photos to iPhone
This technique stops WhatsApp from automatically saving your photos to your iPhone however it still gives users the option to manually save WhatsApp photos for iPhone.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone Click on the Settings icon on the bottom menu.
2. On the Settings screen, click on Chats.
3. On the Chats screen, turn off by adjusting the slider beside Save to Camera Roll. (See the image below).
After this change, WhatsApp won’t be able to automatically download and save photos onto camera Roll in your iPhone.
However, you’ll be able to save manually WhatsApp Photos to your iPhone by giving WhatsApp users with the Photos App on your device (Settings > WhatsApp > Photos > Read &Write).
2. Totally Stop WhatsApp From Saving Photos to iPhone
You can also stop WhatsApp to save Photos to iPhone via deactivating WhatsApp access to Photos in the Photos Application in your iPhone.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone Scroll down, then click on WhatsApp.
2. On the next screen, you can tap Photos.
3. On the Photos screen, tap Never.
This setting completely blocks WhatsApp to access the Photos App on your iPhone and it won’t allow you to save WhatsApp Photos to your iPhone.